This post has been loooong overdue….but I’m happy to say I won’t be homeless come June 1st. We signed our new lease for a 2 bedroom apartment in Bucktown last week. I was VERY happy not to be looking for apartments this weekend. Instead, I made 3 new recipes! Here is the first.
“What is that,” do you ask?? It’s a very delicious Thai Chicken Pizza on Bays English Muffins. My sorority sister/Kendall Alum/Fellow Blogger, Rebecca from Homemakers Habitat, informed me of a recipe challenge with Bays English Muffins. Here are the details from Bays Website– Beginning April 1 through May 31, 2012, enter your original Bays English Muffin pizza recipe online at http://www.bays.com and begin competing with others for a chance to win a VIP trip for 2 to Italy, the place where pizza was born. In addition to the grand prizewinner, five finalists will win a case of Bays English Muffins. The winner will be announced on their webpage and on Facebook page in mid-June of 2012.
What’s your favorite pizza? Have you tried a Bays English Muffin? I must admit, I don’t buy english muffins too often. But after eating several Bays English Muffins, they are my new favorite brand. Why? This may sound strange, but I LOVE how easy they are to separate in half. No knife needed, no crumbs all over the place. And they taste really good!!
I’m challenging all of you to give this recipe contest a try. It’s so easy! Just think of your favorite foods and make it into a pizza on a Bay English Muffin. My only request is if you win the VIP trip, you have to take me. I promise I’ll be a very entertaining traveling companion. 🙂
Thai Chicken Pizza on a Bays English Muffin, serves 1
- 1 Bay English Muffin, halved
- 2 tbs Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp basil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread Thai Chili Sauce all over the english muffins. Top with shallots, zucchini, red chili flakes and chicken. Cover with cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted, top pizza with additional Thai chili sauce. Sprinkle cilantro and basil as a fresh finishing touch!