Today my post is dedicated to the Newtown shooting victims. I still can’t believe so many little ones were taken from this world way too early. I pray every night for their families and wish them strength. It’s just so sad.
Several of us bloggers who wanted to do something to show support. Being food people, we decided we wanted to share recipes.
I’m sharing this awesome delicious no bake cookie ball. I brought this cookie to a holiday party last night and it was a HUGE hit. The recipe is super easy and you’ll probably have a lot of ingredients on hand.
I’m sure no one from Newtown is scanning the internet looking for cookies today, but I hope me and & bloggy friends can provide some comfort & let the world know we’re still thinking of all the people from Sandy Hook.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Balls
- 18 oz creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3/4 cup powdered cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- Mix together everything except the chocolate chips and sprinkles. Form into balls and place on parchment paper. Set in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a double broiler. Dip cookies into chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Put cookies back in the freezer for 30 minutes to let the chocolate set. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.