I have a last-minute tip for all of you getting ready for Thanksgiving. Will you be having some kind of bread served with dinner? Make a compound butter. Compound meaning add some ingredients to a stick of butter. It’s really easy and delicious!
Here are the steps.
- Mix a soften stick of butter with your favorite ingredients. (This can be done with a spatula or with a hand mixer.)
- Spoon butter mixture onto parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Roll into a tight log. Tie the excess plastic wrap at the ends of the cylinder into a knot, or just use little pieces of string to tie off the ends.Chill for 2 hours before serving.
Making compound butter is something you can do before Thanksgiving day. Leftovers can be stored in the freezer and used at a later date. I LOVE flavored butter. It’s something that adds an extra touch and a little elegance. (and with little effort!) Below are some of my favorite flavor combinations.
- Honey Butter – 1 stick of butter, 1/4 cup honey
- Maître d’Hôtel Butter (recipe used at steak house restaurants) – 1 stick of butter, 2 tbsp chopped parsley, 2 tsp lemon juice
- Breakfast Butter – 1 stick of butter, 1 tsp brown sugar, splash of vanilla extract, chopped toasted pecans
- Fresh Herb Butter – 1 stick of butter, 2 tbsp chopped chives, 1 tbsp chopped thyme
Taste butter and add a little salt & pepper if needed.
I won’t be posting on Thursday but be sure to come by on Friday to check out my #FollowFriday Blogger Feature.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!