Back in August, I attended the Midwest Produce Show for work. I came across a lot of products I liked and some of the companies I had heard of, but didn’t know they made “ABC” product. Just as I was ready to head back to our booth, I came across one of my favorite things. Sun-Dried tomatoes! And not just any brand of Sun-Dried Tomatoes…my favorite brand, California Sun Dry. I ALWAYS buy them.
I was lucky enough for Loucey from California Sun Dry to sense my enthusiasm. She gave me a bunch of samples and I wasted no time trying all of them. One of my favorite things I made was this burger.
It was delicious! Burger, Good…. and stuffed with Feta Cheese, Great.. aaaand sun-dried Tomatoes & Pesto, AMAZING!
This is not your average turkey burger, so be prepared to love it!
Check out California Sun Dry’s website. They have some great recipes! I highly recommend adding California Sun Dry Smoked Sun-Dried Tomatoes to your guacamole. It tastes like you’ve added bacon! 🙂
Stuffed Feta & Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Feta Cheese crumbles
- California Sun Dry Sun-Dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 1 15 oz. jarred roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- California Sun Dry Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, onion, parsley, salt & pepper. Make 8 small patties.
- On 4 of the patties, place feta cheese crumbles and sun-dried Julienne Cut Tomatoes in the middle of each patty.
- Top the feta & sun-dried tomato patty with plain patty. Be sure to seal around the edges so none of the mixture falls out.
- On a warm grill, cook the turkey burgers 8 minutes per side. Let the burgers rest a few minutes.
- Toast the wheat buns and top with roasted red peppers & pesto. Get your turkey burger and dig in!