Remember the pesto I made earlier in the week? I promised it would show up again later in the week. So here it is…
Wednesday night for me includes watching Modern Family & Top Chef. This is my routine since I got back from Hawaii. I like it and not much will get in the way of my hot date with my TV.
With that being said, I’m not going to make some exquisite meal which requires more kitchen time than couch time. Quick meals on a night like this are a must…. so I give you Creamy Pesto & Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach & Sun Dried Tomatoes.
Quick Meal = Quick Post.
Creamy Pesto & Goat Cheese Pasta with Spinach & Sun Dried Tomatoes (recipe serves 2)
- 1 1/2 cups mini penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 tbs butter or olive oil
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup skim milk, warm
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 tbs goat cheese
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 tbs sun dried tomatoes, cut julienne
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a pot of boiling water, add uncooked pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain but save 1/2 cup of pasta water. (You may need it later.) Put the drained pasta back in the pot.
- In a sauce pan at medium heat, add butter and flour. Stir consistently until the paste has a light blonde color. Slowly stream in warm milk and keep stirring until all of the milk is in the pan. Your sauce will be thick.
- Add pesto & goat cheese to the sauce. Taste — add salt & pepper if needed.
- In the pasta pot, add spinach, sun dried tomatoes & pesto sauce. Stir and incorporate all ingredients. Add pasta water if the mixture needs to be thinned out. You probably won’t need to add the full 1/2 cup of pasta water; you can be the judge of what the recipe needs.
- Pour pasta into the casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese over the pasta. Bake for 10 minutes.